I can see the light !!!!

So, it's finally Spring. 
Now that the barn is not an icebox, I am back at the camper. 
It's getting there everybody....so very close!
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel- and it is getting closer everyday!!

April Update:
Well, Mom stuck with it and actually got all the cushion covers done!  
She is a trooper, and worked hard to get all of her sewing correct. 
Not bad for 82, huh? 
I will love sleeping on my bed, 
knowing the work my mama put into the cushions.
They look amazing- and are currently sitting in my bedroom
until the camper is ready for them 
(too dusty in there right now).


All of the rusted and pitted exterior pieces are puttied, painted and ready for install.
Just gotta wait- as they go on after the new skins.
They all turned out great :)



I installed my first electric box- not too tough !
This one is under the bed with access from outside.


I finally installed my original Shasta step- love it !!


I cut out the kitchen table- now need to laminate it and we are done!


The 110v electric is done!!!  My buddy John came again for a day of camper work, 
and finished hooking up all the wires to my converter.
It's so nice to flip the switch and have lights!!! 
Yahoooo!!
I can't thank him enough- that was a lot of work! 
Thanks UJT !!
You are one talented handyman :)



I finally installed the refrigerator, 
hooked up the 12v wires, 
put a hole in the floor for the drain,
and plugged it in!
It works !!!
Another Yahooooo!!



I added a wood 'crown' around the ceiling hole where my Fantastik Fan will go.
The crown will make any rain water drain down away from the opening.
This is to prevent water from pooling and possibly leaking around the fan.
Just gotta sand down the edges and it's done too.
Another thing off of my 'to do' list !


Today, I started to install the rest of the roof insulation.
Only 2 more pieces to go- then DONE!

Next, vapor barrier....
and then it's ready for METAL!!!

I truly cannot believe I am at this stage.
It's been 17 months since I pulled my ole' camper into the driveway.
I am aiming to be done by July-
as my son, Michael, is moving to Colorado to attend Graduate school...
and this mama bear is taking a road trip to Co. on my August break.


Lots done, lots of little things to still do....
but I can see the light !!!

Hallelujah !!

Ha ha











Comments